Friday, November 16, 2012

Baby's First Haircut!

No, I have not adopted a 6 month old. But not unlike a 6 month old, I had my first professional haircut.

Since birth, I have been getting my hair cut from one wonderful barber. His name is Tim Parsel. Although he had his moments of suspect behavior. Like that time he put on the wrong guide and left me with a patchy 1/4 inch of hair. Or the numerous times where he feverishly watched a sporting event and my ear happened to get in the way. Overall, the benefits far outweighed the minor drawbacks. I have gained a lifetime of wisdom, sports analysis, and personal advice by sitting in the living room with my shirt off. I may come back for a trim or two, but I have found a new paradise.

I was working an OCTA event (seems as though many good things come from these events) and I discovered the barber shop in a newly revitalized area of Downtown Anaheim. All you beard growing vegans out there who shop at the Lab and the Camp will be familiar with this new area, as it is owned by the same person. This place is awesomely decked out with cool food places like 180 degrees (vegan groceries), Junk food (vegan), Gypsy Den (Coffee/bikes/beards) and Umami Burger (foodie).

The barber shop is sandwiched between an upscale footwear store and a haberdashery-ish, bow-tie selling, paradise of awesomeness. Both stores are connected to the shop and you get a 15% discount on merchandise after your hair cut. The place is called BarBeer and is a throwback to barbershops of old. For those of you who can grow facial hair, unlike me, you can enjoy a straight razor shave and the sweet sounds of music from the '50's.

The place offered exceptional service and my barber Kevin was a skilled craftsman and conversationalist. The experience was so wonderful, that I now feel the need to speak like I'm in the 1950's. Lastly and most importantly, the place has a bar in the back and will soon be serving up some delicious beers!

I will be recommending this place to everyone I know and plan on returning soon. Sorry dad, while I'm gainfully employed, you're temporarily fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment